Friday, June 23, 2017

Classic Mystery pt 2

Welcome Adventurers. As you can see by my title. Yes I am still on my classic mystery kick and still reading through the Father Brown short stories. Today's story was interesting because not only was it a mystery, but it had a little taste of science fiction to it. The story I'm talking about is The Invisible Man. It begins in a confectioner's shop where a young man named Angus comes to ask the young woman there to marry him. He finds out that two others have asked for her hand as well (and here's where the science fiction comes in.) One has become an inventor of mechanical maids and butlers, who's being stalked by his rival. When the inventor is found dead and no one sees who entered or left the building, will Father Brown be able to catch the killer? I'm not saying. All I can say is this was one of my favorite of the Father Brown mysteries so far. That's all until next time Adventurers.

No comments:

Post a Comment