Friday, June 16, 2017

The Classic Mystery

Welcome Adventures. Today I'm going a little off the topic. Lately I have been on a mystery kick with my reading focusing on the classics in particular. I recently bought a copy of the Complete Father Brown Stories by G.K. Chesterton. A massive book filled with every Father Brown short story. So far my favorite is The Blue Cross it's a great mystery where it seems the lead Father Brown pays little roll in. In this story you are introduced to the master thief Flambeau and his pursuer the French Police Detective Valentin. As I said earlier the story progresses with very little mention of the book's title character Father Brown until you find that... Well I won't spoil the ending for you. I'll just say that very clever and subtle clues, paired with vivid and excellent characters create a wonderful story. I'd say this is a must read. Until next time Adventurers.

No comments:

Post a Comment