Thursday, September 21, 2017

Character Chat: Maxine Hadison (The Art of Facts)

Welcome Adventures to my new Thursday feature. Character Chat. Due to a scheduling mix-up (oops)  My first interview will be with one of my own characters. So without further ado, let's have a chat with Professor Maxine Hadison from my new book The Art of Facts.


 Welcome Adventures, to Character chat. In this new article I’ll be talking with characters from newly released and soon to be released books. Today’s guest is Professor Maxine Hadison from my book The Art of Facts



Welcome Professor, so tell my adventurers about your world.

“Thanks for having me here, and please call me Maxine. Professor sounds too formal. Well what can I say? I’m from Denver Colorado, born and raised in Five Points. I work at Hillside University in their museum of History as lead archaeologist and professor of modern archaeology. You know the future is not what I thought it’d be. I’m sad to see you don’t have the visuphones, Electro scooters, or lighter than air travel, why didn’t that stick?”


I’ll have to tell you about that one sometime, Maxine. It’s not a pretty story. So what are some of the places you’d recommend my adventurers see in your world?

“Let’s see if your adventurers are wanting a good time I’d say they should go hear Jasper and the Hotsparks Play at the Rossonian Lounge. It’s a great club with the most advanced automaton servers and the jazz music is great. Of course if they find themselves in Australia they could come help me on the dig site near Ayres Rock, we’ve made some amazing discoveries. Or you could go to the Sundown Club I have a friend there named Jackson Kyles. He’s Shiek as Valentino and such a talented Saxophonist.”

Do you have feelings for this Mr. Kyles?

“Of course not! I’m faithful to my fiancé, Calvin. though my sisters say two years is a little long to be engaged.”


Tell my adventurers about some of the technology in your world.

“Visuphones, aside from wireless radios and telegrams, are our main form of communication. We have them built into our automated secretaries and have monitors that rise from our desks. We have automatons that do a wide range of work, from waiters in fine clubs and restaurants to phone operators. I use all sorts of gadgets on my dig site. I have atmospheric readers for tunnel exploration, flying machines so I can get overhead views. and tiny devices that my ferret’s wear to explore spaces I can’t get into.

Very interesting.

How would you describe your fellow characters?

Oh they’re all different. Calvin is… he’s sweet, very caring. Though he’s out of town so often, always busy working with my father.

My sister, Ivy, is Head Researcher at the university. Always very level headed, but she has a mischievous side to her as well loves teasing our older sister Lorelei.

Oh Lorelei, now there’s a worrier if ever there was one. Constantly worried that my findings are going to cost us our jobs or something.

Jackson is my upstairs neighbor. Sweet guy and very talented.”


Thank you for coming to talk with us Maxine, it was so fun to talk with you.

“It was fun for me too.”


The Art of Facts can be found here on Amazon in both paperback and ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment