Monday, October 30, 2017

The Rithmatisit: A Review


Hey Adventurers. I bet you thought I abandoned you. Not a chance. Today I Bring you a review of  The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. The book tells the story of a boy named Joel, who more than anything wants to be a Rithmatist. These Rithmatists are chosen at a young age and given the power to bring two-dimensional chalk drawings (known as chalklings) to life. They are humanities only defense against wild chalklings. When these gifted students start to disappear it's up to Joel and his friend Melody to help solve the mystery.

First let me say I love Brandon Sanderson's work. I have ever since I read The Emperors Soul. and I love the vivid world he created for this story. However I did find the ending a little predictable. As a fan of the mystery genre I did find the chase and the clues enjoyable. I also found the magic and world building was well thought out and believable.  Over all I give the book a 31/2 out of 5 gears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment