Monday, August 14, 2017

Pandora Driver: A review

Well Adventurers, we knew it'd have to happen some time. I'm giving my first bad review. This story comes from the Dieselpunk ePulp Showcase. At first the story Pandora Driver by John Picha held promise. When Ray Walker hears cries for help from outside his apartment he rushes to try and help. Only to discover the man who runs the bakery down the street is being hassled by the mob. Let's end there shall we? I know I wish I had. The story read more like a movie script than a short story. The first few paragraphs felt like a history book. And while I might could look past the violence and language (we're talking about a mob man here) some elements of the gore were too much for me.

Sadly Adventurers I'm going to have to give this tale a DNF (did not finish)

No comments:

Post a Comment