Monday, August 28, 2017

The Circular Staircase: A Review

Welcome Adventurers. Today I'll be reviewing The Circular Staircase by Mary Roberts Rinehart. I was first clued (see what I did there?) into the works of Miss Rinehart when I saw the Hallmark Channel movie Garage Sale Mystery: Novel Murders. This book is a thrilling mix of chilling suspense and a tricky mystery. When a middle aged spinster and her niece and nephew decide to rent a house in the country for the summer mysterious events start to happen. They begin with a shadowy presence on the front porch and a mysterious rattling in the night and culminate in the finding of a dead body at the base of the circular staircase. The opening line alone was enough to completely hook me and the story held me until the end. The Circular Staircase is well worth the read and I give it a 5 out of 5 gears.

No comments:

Post a Comment