Friday, November 17, 2017

Interview With a Writer: H.C. Beckerr

Welcome Adventurers! Today I have a special treat for you. I have guest blogger and fellow author.H. C. Beckerr. Hi, everybody! How are your adventures progressing?




Tell my adventurers the name of your book and about the world you created.
Glad to! The entire story line encompasses two books; HILL OF GREAT DARKNESS and SHADOW OF TUNGUSKA (Hill of Great Darkness Book II, The Final Chapters). This entire story takes place here on Earth, as well as in space, in the year 2037. It is the world of the immediate tomorrow. And, it is the story of a dark and dangerous knowledge. This knowledge is gained accidentally by not only scientists, but also by high-level government officials who plan to use this dark knowledge to gain an edge over the other nations. The single-most important character in the story of a thousand generations is Simone Sytte (She is constantly pronouncing her Ugandan name to interviewers as ‘See-yet-tea’)
At six feet seven inches tall, Simone can be quite imposing. However, her demeanor is anything but hostile. Um…unless provoked. Ugandan by birthright yet she is also a citizen of the scientific community. She, along with Dr. Jon Armone have developed a new drive system for interplanetary spacecraft based on gravity. It is the maiden voyage of the privately funded spacecraft Magellan testing that new drive system that unearths (literally) something on our planet that propels them well past their target of a Martian mission to a parking orbit around the ringed giant Saturn. All in a five second test from a high Earth orbit. A classic sci-fi story (as a Christian author, I call this genre Chri-fi) that is both Biblically sound and accurate.



What inspired you to write about this character?
I wanted someone to represent not only my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, but also, in real-world application, represent my failures as I follow Jesus. It is a very real representation of the Christian walk with all the unglamorous misadventures.



How long has this character been in your thoughts?
2005. Yup, that’s right sports fans, that was the first thought I had of this Ugandan beauty. She is a conglomeration of three people actually. An African lady (I have long since forgotten which nation she was from) that I had worked with at my church. It was from her I developed Simone’s language and accent. Then there was another lady from my church that I molded Simone’s unshakable faith from. And then there was STAR WARS EPISODE II. That is where Simone got her height and physical beauty (for all of you sci-fi fans I am referring to the rather tall, sinewy Kaminoans).



What is the one trait you wished you shared with your main character?
Her unabashed, unreserved faith and love for the God of the Bible. Nothing could deter or derail Simone’s faith. And yet, with the faith she possessess, she still fails in her walk with Jesus sometimes. I’ve got that part nailed down pretty good. How about you all?



No comments:

Post a Comment