Friday, November 10, 2017

Interview With a Writer: SC Freiberger (Collette Freiberger)




Welcome Adventurers! Today I have a special treat for you. I have guest blogger and fellow author SC Freiberger.(Collette Frieberger)




Tell my adventurers the name of your book and about the world you created. The Long Hall: Where Lies Lead to Truth, is set in modern times. In a dream, Seth, my main character, travels to Hades, a demon high school. With an angel as his guide, Seth attends the demon classes, trying to sort out the truth hidden among all the demonic the lies. Once he discovers the truth he vows to tell the world, but first he must escape Hades, a place that might not be a dream after all.



What inspired you to write about this character? I was inspired by CS Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters. My main character is an atheist, which I was for the first twenty years of my life. I wanted to explore the lies we buy into and what gets us to reject the truth of God. The idea of the setting, a demon high school, came to me in a dream.



How long has this character been in your thoughts? Actually, my true main character is God. I became a Christian at the age of twenty seven and I am now sixty. Because of my background, I have always had a passion for Christian apologetics, so writing about that was what I wanted to do. Seth and his angel guide are characters I developed once I began writing my book. Seth is most like me. The angel is what I strive for.



What is the one trait you wished you shared with your main character? I like Seth’s blunt honesty and his ability to say what he thinks. The angel’s character is of a quiet strength, good humor and patience. The angel needs that to put up with Seth. I’d love to be strong and patient. Seth and the angel, play off each other well.

Thank you for coming and talking with us.

Adventurers you can find Collette's book here on Amazon 




No comments:

Post a Comment